Monday, May 13, 2013

Creative Imaginings and Stress...

Women. They are the most creative creatures in the world! Give them a little paint and ribbon and they can decorate a baby room like it's no ones business!!! 

This incredible skill is priceless when forming your home, helping with your parents house or ministering to other families in need and creating awesome and cheap dates!!! This skill, however, not so great in some parts of marriage.

Men: One thing you should know right here…If You are tired and quiet, we think it's us. Every time.
Once we've asked is somethings wrong and you've said no, but given no explanation, our ever so creative brains have come up with at least 100 reasons as to why you could be upset, namely at us!
Mostly ranging from simi-normal ( Did his lunch I made him taste bad?!?!) to extreme ( Am I not satisfying his needs and he is looking for someone else?!) to down right unbelievable! ( Did an evil witch poison his food because she saw how happy we were and just couldn't handle it anymore?)

Ok, ok the last one was more far fetched than normal, but I think you get the general idea…;)
Basically, let me help you avoid a few arguments and those horrid tears:

Men: A simple "hey, I'm tired and crabby and it's not you" will probably work fantastic. My hubby started picking this up recently when he got tired of me always thinking I had done something and all it was was he was tired and needed coffee! Now, some women think logically and know what is making you out of it…But generally speaking our emotions get in the way and we still default to our silly imaginations! So tell us anyway;)

Women: Take a chill pill;) Know that if your hubby had a long weekend, and it is now Monday night and you can't figure out why he's out of it, he's probably tired:D Try not to ask to many times if you've done something, as that can annoy more than anything and if he answered and told you you didn't…Believe him and just enjoy knowing you're off the hook this time;)

Now, for another one I have been learning this week…

Stress: a physical, chemical, or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental tension and may be a factor in disease causation

Some times we do not realize the stress we put on ourselves or that we are even under any, until one day we are having physical issues that don't make sense.
Over the last 2 months, I have been having struggles with my blood sugar levels being whacked out, and I assumed it was purely hormonal and from the miscarriage. 
However, God sent a sweet angel to answer some of my questions, and one of her main points was to make sure I wasn't stressed. I thought she was insane, until I looked at myself and realized the stress I was putting myself under to get my levels under control.
Once I could see it for what it was, it released me to be able to eat better and my levels have been perfect.

Don't allow stress to ruin your health.

Also;)
Don't allow your emotions to ruin your relationship.
Gals especially, going back to the silly imaginings, Men are wonderful creatures. Their simple and deep love is the most amazing and fulfilling thing a woman can ever have. It brings a joy , peace and contentment that few things ever will be able to come close to competing with.
And at times, we push it away because we've let our thoughts get ahead of us

"Why is he doing that? Does he not care about me?"
" If he truly loved me, wouldn't he occasionally bring me flowers or something sweet?"
"I always give him a back rub but never seem to get one back…I wonder if he thinks I'm fat?"
It would be nice if he could put the clothes in the washer just ONCE!"

Ok, you get the idea…Simple little thoughts like these can ruin your ever after happiness! Don't allow our little shows of selfishness come out and put stress in your relationship.

Take your fears and thoughts to the Lord. Your husband can never even come close to fulfilling those needs like your God and creator of your heart. Pray often.

Maybe find a journal and write your thoughts out. See how your heart thoughts look on paper and if your heart is really in the right place. Don't just take all your thoughts to friends and than run a great chance of dishonoring the Man/woman in your life.

If you want a back rub, tell him plainly. Excluding the smarty pants part of " Since I always give you one, don't you think you could do the same?"

Really?! How often do we do this!? And how often does it end well!?

I have learned ( And will continue learning and relearning until my dying day) to put myself in his shoes and gauge my reaction to what I would've just said. None of us would've liked it

How about " Hey Baby, I would love a back rub! Do you mind taking a few minutes for me?"
You never know how much sweeter that back rub might be;)

If you aren't in a relationship yet, practice on your family! They will notice the difference and be grateful for it, and you will be much further along the path than I am once you get married:D

It all boils down to Colossians 3:23
And whatsoever you do, do it heartily. As to the Lord and not unto men.

Love you all<3



2 comments:

  1. Thank you, I've recently been looking for information approximately this topic for a while and yours is the greatest I've discovered till now.
    But, what about the bottom line? Are you certain concerning the source?


    Have a look at my weblog The Magic of Making up

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean about the bottom line?

    And the source is my life…So it can change for some couples, but I believe the basis ( aka: Open communication, selfLESSness and christ's love shining through us) though different from couple to couple will win the battles in the long run:)

    ReplyDelete